Thursday, 5 January 2017

Things I Want To Achieve This Year

The new year is here. Hello 2017!

I can't believe we're already whizzing through the first week of January and reality has finally returned after a well needed break. It's normally around this time where I like to reflect on my achievements and failures from the previous year, but also think of goals and aspirations for what I would like to accomplish for the year ahead...


The one major thing I really want to do more this year is read. I've always loved books. I love how they give you an escape from reality. I love that moment when you open up a new book and sink into a story that's perhaps way way better than your own life, even if it is for a few moments. With a mass pile of books racking up, I've vowed to switch off from social media in the evenings and instead of grabbing my phone, I want to grab a book. The thought of curling up on the sofa with a blanket, a hot cup of tea and a good read just makes the winter months more inviting.

I've also downloaded the Goodreads app so I can keep track of the books I've read, hopefully find some new ones along the way but also take advantage of the reading challenge. I've challenged myself for 12 books this year, a number I'm hoping to achieve and if I read more, it's a bonus!


Date nights is another one. It might seem a rather small goal but it's something that's definitely needed more in my life. Now that I'm married to Ricci I feel we need to make more of an effort with each other and spending quality time together is one of them.

I think we've always actually struggled to take time out for ourselves as a couple and as a parent, the mum guilt sets in when we ask a family member to look after Josh and Soph, even if it is for a few hours. That being said, this year it changes. I need to spend more one on one time with my husband, and we need to remember what it's like being us. Jess and Ricci, not just mum and dad.


Do you have anything set in mind that you'd like to accomplish this year? What are your hopes and dreams for 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment